Sew: Butterick B5316

Fabric: Cotton suiting  [See other projects in this fabric]
Pattern Description:

Pattern Sizing: I made a size 2017475592416_407455910b_z

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?Yes. Though I didn’t really use them too much.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked the pleats that create the waistline

Fabric Used: A cotton suiting from Hancock Fabrics. It had nice body that held the crease well and cause the skirt to stand out from the body a bit. I used self fabric to line the bodice.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I added piping to the neckline and arms. After these photos were taken I stitched the pleats down another inch to lower the waist a bit. I also raised the neckline, as written it was low, low, low, low and I wanted this to be a church dress.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I don’t know if I would sew it again. It is a nice pattern but I don’t know that I need more than one in my wardrobe. I would definitely recommend it though.

Conclusion:
Easy pattern that makes up a nice dress.

Simplicity 2683: An Easter dress

Is there anytime of the year more fun to have a daughter than Easter? Maybe Christmas. But when you have  a a little girl who loves froo fro16813614078_8bb71815ad_ko dresses , Easter comes a close second.

Enter Simplicity 2683 I have had this in my stash for a while but never got around to making it. It is a simple empire wasted, six paneled dress. I made a base of white polyester taffeta from JoAnne and made a second dress in pink lace to top it. It was this layer to which I stitched the sash.  I joined the two layers at the neck and arms

I decideSONY DSCd to do a wrapped bias binding rather than a turned facing. I thought it added a little more interest, but I did have to consult some sewing resources to do the square neckline with the bias tape.  I used this basic method: http://www.burdastyle.com/techniques/how-to-bind-an-inverted-corner-or-v-neck-with-bias-binding and I think it turned out quite well.

I serged all the seems and used a center back staSONY DSCndard zip. The flower is store bought. I wasn’t going to bother with it  but Caroline saw the picture on the pattern envelope and latched on to the fact that there was a flower. So a flower she had to have.

I think SONY DSCit turned out great. My little princess loves it.

 

 

 

 

http://sewing.patternreview.com/review/pattern/109677